Monday, August 31, 2009

Autobiography

My full name is Juan Antonio Morena Lira. I was born in Santiago, Chile on April 11th, 1986 in the hospital "Madre e hijo". When I was four, my younger brother Joaquín Ignacio Morena Lira was born. As a child, I remember I was pretty surprised when my parents brought him home for the first time. He used to be so small and would cry a lot.

At the age of five, I went to two playgrounds. At first I attended one called Labrador but then I changed to another one called Sumbayu. This happened because I had problems with my tutor and classmates. One year later, I started to attend "Liceo Miguel Rafael Prado". I studied in this establishment from Kinder to 4th grade of secondary. In 2002, my paternal grandma passed away. She was so sick and was suffering so much before dying that I thought it was better she rested in peace instead of living in pain.

In 2003, I failed 3th grade of secondary because I had depression due to bullying. My classmates were pretty mean and cruel to me. During this period, I had no friends and anybody who I could count on. I really felt lonely and empty. However, next year I could recover thanks to psychological treatment. As time went on, I started to notice my psychological health was getting better. I could make friends and develop a stronger personality. In short, everything turned out well. In 2005, I successfully graduated from that school and got a diploma. I recall it was a very nice celebration. Almost all my peers weeped with emotion but I did not. Maybe the bad memories unconsciously came to my mind that time.

During 2006, I began to study English Pedagogy at Alberto Hurtado University. What I wanted was to learn how to speak English. I remember I was very excited and nervous the first day. As a freshman, I did not know at all what I was going to do and who I was going to meet there. In October of last year, I had to stop studying because of great stress. That year, I could finish the first semester but could not complete the second one. I felt absolutely drained and desmotivated. I recall I just wanted to rest and recover all the energy I had lost. In August of this year, I returned from my one year break to study again. To date, I feel better and really hope that in about two or three years time I may have graduated from university and have gotten the degree and diploma I want so much.

5 comments: