Monday, October 19, 2009

My favorite work of art


My favorite work of art is the painting "An American Classic" by Theodore Xaras who is a contemporary American artist. Although it is not a very well-known painting and does not belong to any painter as famous as Pablo Picasso or Leonardo da Vinci, I really loved it since the first time I saw it. Its beautiful landscape and variety of eye-catching colors just captivated me. Every time I gaze at it, I tend to remember my childhood dreams. This is because this wonderful work of art has all the characteristics I used to love when I was a child such as old trains, fresh vegetation, clean water and summer days. Furthermore, I recall when little I was obsessed about traveling to Puerto Montt by train. However, it had to be an old train like the one in the painting, it could not be a modern one because it did not have the same magic.

In spite of not being to Puerto Montt yet, when I gaze at this painting I feel like if I was there already.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry I just posted this but after I didn't attend classes due to certain things I had to do some days ago, I did ask if there was a kind of homework but they said to me we didn't have to post anything on our blogs.

    ReplyDelete